Hello! Here we are in 2022! December is always a bit of a highlight for me here on my blog because I get to talk about Christmas all month long! Here’s my wrap up of the things I’ve shared here in December…
FRIDAY FAVOURITES are just my favourite. There’s no denying it has been kind of a wild ride the past 2 years, but I saw someone saying recently that hard isn’t the same as bad, and I think that’s such a good reflection on the past year for me. Things have been hard and not what we expected, but there has been no much joy and love and happiness in our lives too! I’ve loved sharing the little bits and pieces that have made me happy each week in my Friday posts. I did a mega wrap up post on NYE with all of my Friday favourites back to when i started in April. Here’s my little list of all my December faves:
- 3 December – Book Advent
- 10 December – Christmas mugs
- 17 December – Christmas movies
- 24 December – Christmas Q&As
- 31 December – Friday Favourites
Something I really enjoyed in December was chatting about Christmas with some of my favourite authors and small biz owners – you can check out all of the posts here:
- Cheyenne from The Little Flame Co.
- Mel from A Cosy Reader Designs
- Mel from The Sourdough Club
- Eva Amores and Matt Cosgrove, authors of Worst Week Ever! Monday
- Samone Amba, author of The Good Times of Pelican Rise
- Poppy Nwosu, author of Road Tripping with Pearl Nash
- Karen Ginnane, author of When Days Tilt
- Belinda Missen, author of One Week to Christmas
I also had lovely Maya Linnell drop by with some gift ideas for writers.
I shared a couple of BOOK STACKS in December:
- Aussie Christmas romance books
- Christmas books for young readers
- Books about Christmas Movies
- Aussie Book Recommendations
- Books to keep the kids entertained in the holidays
Finally, I managed to sneak in one more Christmassy REVIEW – The Christmas Bookshop by Jenny Colgan.
And that, my friends, is a wrap on 2021!
I feel like usually I’d have some kind of plan or goal for what I want to improve or continue or focus on next, but tbh I haven’t even had time to think about it! I’m currently up to my eyeballs in reading Aurealis award entries, and will be for most of January. I will try to share a few more recommendations for summer reads, both for grown ups and kids.
In the meantime, I hope everyone has had a safe and happy start to 2022! Here is to many wonderful bookish moments in the year ahead.