I have a pretty huge collection of Australian YA books on my shelves, and many of them are unread. Somehow I always reach for newer releases – or library books – first. One of my goals this year has been to read my way through my collection. We’re halfway through the year already and I haven’t made much progress so I thought maybe I’d set myself a goal of reading one each month for the rest of the year.
Today I thought I had pulled out a mini stack of six contemporary #loveozYA novels (there are actually seven HA!) I’d like to read before the end of the year. I’ve popped links to their Goodreads pages below in case you want to check them out.
- Catching Teller Crow (this one is sometimes called The Things She’s Seen) – Amber Kwaymullina and Ezekiel Kwaymullina
- Stone Girl – Eleni Hale
- Night Swimming – Steph Bowe
- The Astrologer’s Daughter – Rebecca Lim
- Inside the Tiger – Hayley Lawrence
- Amelia Westlake – Erin Gough
- The Yearbook Committee – Sarah Ayoub
I’m planning to check in here each month with reviews as I read these – I’d love to hear what you thought if you’ve read any of them =)